URBAN OUTCRITTERS



Very impressed with Space 15 Twenty, as I happened upon it's Where the Wild Things are pop-up store in the Urban Outfitters foyer yesterday. More evidence can be seen here. My favorite part was the integration of raw wood material and crusty old afghans in the form of shanty structures. Inside the quinzee-like dome were mountain models—also made of raw sticks—painted with snowy white tops. Miniature monsters lurked throughout the display of high-fashion replicas of characters from the storybook. Shamefully, I have never been in tune with this children's book nor the storyline, but I could not be more excited for the film to blow the minds and hearts of an eclectic generation y!



All this exposure to the production design of cinema, advertising, retail and human beauty (vanity?) is really exciting for me while staying in Los Angeles this month. I'm going to continue my research and will keep trying to get a hand in it all!

No comments: